Well, I just wrote the school blog entry and my brain, neck and bladder are all tired… so here’s a link to the blog at cscdluquillo.com
On a more personal note…
- check out my Kiwi Curl protruding from my short hairstyle. I am working on a bob and not attaining it quickly.
- I found these lights and they seemed like nice planet models for our space theme in the chapel. Larimar made an eclipse using the moon from
- the model we assembled as part of our hand-on learning all week.
Ever since I have been teaching, we started the day with English/Language or Math. Well after an experience in the summer, I decided to make Science and Social Studies our First Period classes and create a kind of whole language approach to the school day. I am not sure I have the energy to keep it up! But this week has been a blast… can every week of school be equally a blast? I am not sure I can keep up THAT level of involvement and energy.
Pray for me to see my way around this new plan of mine. I know it works in some classrooms and it seems to have worked in this one for this one week. I have found great online and app resources!
1. vectary.com is an amazing tool
2. sketchfab.com has great stuff
3. quizalize.com is a new addition to my online learning games kahoot.it and quizizz.com
Keeping the interest of teen and pre-teen Deaf boys is so much easier when I can say, “Get your Kindles and let’s look that up.” Woohoo for Wifi devices for under $100.
Now, I must move along. Thanks for your visit and your prayers. Maybe tomorrow I will have something more interesting to SAY but right now, I must away from my classroom and seek my dogs for a little sunset petting time.